Best Florists in New York City
5 Fabulous and Fresh NYC Florists
In this neverending interim between harsh Winter and moderate Spring, let's bring life, color, and cheer into our homes with gorgeous flowers. Last week, we asked you for your favorite flower shops around town. Here are our five top picks.
- Gardenia Organics (526 Hudson St., 646-688-5753) Founded by Hannah Ling in 2007, Gardenia (pictured) holds the title of NYC's first organic, ethically sourced florist. Though the studio is open by appointment only, its website makes next-day orders simple and lets you search by price range.
- Zeze (938 First Ave., 212-753-7767) Actor-turned-floral guru Zeze Calvo's work frequently appears in magazine spreads and in the homes of famous clients. His dramatic yet unpretentious style incorporates unexpected varieties of cut blooms, and the shop also carries an extensive selection of orchids.
- Superior Florists Ltd. (828 Sixth Ave., 212-679-4065). Founded in 1930, Superior is a third-generation retail shop, making it something of an NYC institution, and reasonably priced too. It's a great standby for celebrations and sympathy bouquets.
- Worship Luxury (184 E. 2nd St., Suite 2E, 646-419-4816) Founder Deborah Hunter draws inspiration from a fashion-design background and twice a year visits to Paris's Maison & Objet trade show, infusing some of New York City's best arrangements with a City of Love flourish.
- Alaric Flower Design (42 W. 56th Street, 212-308-3794) This Midtown gem is favored by the fashion set, with Emilio Pucci and Chloe among its clients, and with same-day delivery and online ordering, high style is well within reach. On Facebook, reader Sara added, "they just had a bunch of dresses made from flowers in Fashion Week, too!"
Source: Gardenia Organics