Best Macarons in NYC
Pop 5: Best Macaron Fixes in NYC
Feel like a Fall-inspired dessert? Grab a slice of seasonally sensational pumpkin pie. Have a French-inspired sweet tooth? We've got just the thing — your Pop 5 macaron meccas around town should do the trick. As promised, you can head to any of these five spots and expect only the finest ingredients and mouthwatering results. So what's it going to be today, La Maison du Macaron or Almondine Bakery? Go full Madeleine and pick up a treat from both. Bon appetit!
- Almondine (85 Water St., 718-797-5026; 442 9th St., 718-832-460, pictured above) Stop by this DUMBO bakery and experience a double whammy of macaron excellence at $1.25 a piece. The black currant features a slightly tart filling while the chocolate version comes double-stuffed! It's a tiny piece of Paris right across the Brooklyn Bridge.
- La Maison du Macaron (132 W. 23rd St., 212-243-2757) This Chelsea spot appropriately translates to the "house of macaron" and as such, keeps a myriad of delectable flavors at the ready. Apple calvados, vanilla, fig, apricot champagne, raspberry, rose lychee, nutella, dark chocolate, and strawberry are just a "few" of the flavors available in store.
- Danny's Macaroons (various locations, 260-622-8463) PopSugar NYC reader and New York Cake Pops founder Lerida Mojica exclaimed, "Danny Macaroons, of course!" We trust this dessert goddess, and you should too. These delicious coconut macarons can be found around town, but we prefer to grab the goods from Smorgasburg!
- La Maison du Chocolat (1018 Madison Ave., 212-744-7117; 30 Rockefeller Ctr., 212-264-9404; 63 Wall St., 212-952-1123) Although the "house of chocolate" is known for just that — chocolate — its macaron creations are just as heavenly. The quito flavor showcases the perfect marriage between light, crunch, and chocolaty ganache filling. The only hiccup? At $5 a pop, these macarons are a special occasion treat.
- Maison Ladurée (864 Madison Ave., 646-558-3157) The French-macaron obsessed have reason to celebrate — the Parisian confectioner Maison Ladurée finally opened its doors on US soil this Summer, and on the Upper East Side no less. We hear there are plans hatched for a SoHo store expansion. Two Ladurée locations? Too good to be true.
Source: Flickr User amypigliacampo