Fashion's Night Out Event Details 2011 NYC
Fashion's Night Out Watch: All the Details You Need to Know
It didn't take long for Fashion's Night Out details and event listings to kick into high gear. Now, the official FNO site boasts its annual A to Z guide of designers and retail spots participating in New York's biggest shopping-themed night, so you can plot your evening accordingly. It probably wouldn't hurt to plan an escape route, too, just in case. The guide is massive and if you have the time to sift through it all, I applaud you. But for those of us that need to skim the top efficiently, here are the FNO highlights you need to know right now. Have an FNO pit stop to add? Leave a comment below.
Fashion's Night Out takes over the city Thursday, Sept. 8. Whether you plan on partaking in the festivities or sitting out this year's FNO madness, make sure you remember why there's a party going on in every department store and why there's a noticeable dearth in cab availability. Now that the date is committed to memory, let's get to the good stuff.
- From 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. the Hester Street Fair and Henri Bendel will shack up inside the Fifth Avenue space. We already warned you last week that this was happening but now, we have even more good news to share! Hester Street Fair favorite Melt Bakery will be on hand with an exclusive FNO ice cream sandwich flavor. Any guesses as to what it will taste like?
- From 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. meet Rachel Zoe at her accessories launch party inside Bloomingdale's (1000 Third Ave., 212-705-2000). If you're a fan of arguably Hollywood's most famous stylist to the stars, then this is your chance to get some face time with her. As a perk, you'll receive an exclusive RZ makeup bag with any purchase from her shoe and handbag collection.
- From 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. Magnolia Bakery will be serving up a special Fashion's Night Out cupcake at all of its locations. Whether you find yourself at its Bleecker Street flagship or in the Grand Central Terminal lower-level concourse, you can get a proper FNO sugar high.
- From 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Bergdorf Goodman (745 Fifth Ave., 212-753-7300) will hosts its second annual designer dog show, aptly named BG Best in Show, on the third floor. Designers like Badgley Mischka, Cushnie & Ochs, John Barrett, Joseph Altuzarra, Lela Rose, and Reem Acra will show off their four-legged friends as guest judges Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig of Marchesa and The Bag Snob’s Tina Craig decide which pup takes it all.
- From 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. fashion editor Anna dello Russo and model Karolina Kurkova will be hanging out at Macy's Herald Square (151 W. 34th St., 212-695-4400). Shop the INC collection, sip on a cocktail, and enjoy some "informal modeling" with this high-fashion duo.
- From 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Oak (28 Bond St., 212-677-1293) and Ksubi will host a full-on 1970s disco. The theme won't just be limited to the window displays, cocktail curation, and music selection — downstairs you'll be treated to a fitting homage to '70s fashion, courtesy of Ksubi's "swirls, twirls, and lots of trails."
- From 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. anonymous performance artists The Bumbys (we last saw them at the Madewell on Fifth Avenue opening party!) will be typing away at the MAC Cosmetics (109 Spring St., 212-334-4641) store on Spring Street. Stock up on beauty products and have your appearance "appraised" by these masked writers — it's all in good fun.
No word yet on what Opening Ceremony, Alexander Wang, and other major FNO personalities like Michael Kors and Diane von Furstenberg have planned! To stay updated on the latest, you can also download the official iPhone and Android app, which will make mapping your night out that much easier.
Source: Fashion's Night Out