Yigal Azrouel, Bird, Derek Lam, Theory and More NYC Sample Sales
Must Shops: 7 Sample Sales to Shop Before Friday
Last week proved sample-sale successful, and I'm happy to report even more designer discount goodness this week. Why not try your luck at any of these seven sales before embarking on your Memorial Day adventures? You may just stumble upon the perfect frock for next weekend's BBQ festivities at a fraction of the price.
- Yigal Azrouël Details: 225 W. 39th St., 5th Fl., starts tomorrow. The designer's minimalist-chic womenswear will be priced as low as $105 while menswear will be priced at $70.
- Theory Women Details: 261 W. 36th St., 2nd Fl., starts tomorrow. Theory's signature collection of classic pieces will be marked down by 70 percent.
- Nanette Lepore Details: 225 W. 35th St., 4th Fl., starts tomorrow. Lepore's cute, whimsical dresses will be priced at $145 — let's hope for bright dress hues to add a bit of color to the dreary forecast.
- Bird Details: 220 Smith St., 718-797-3774, starts Wednesday, May 18, promptly at 5 p.m. and will continue until 8 p.m. Stylish owner of the Bird trifecta Jennifer Mankin (pictured above) is cleaning out her closet much to the delight of ours. Consider this more of a glorified garage sale where designers Tsumori Chisato, Isabel Marant, Acne, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Rachel Comey, and Dries van Noten are well represented and for mere chump change at that. If shopping Mankin's personal items doesn't sound tempting, the Cobble Hill location will be offering 20 percent off on all in-season merchandise during her Spring cleanout.
- Lela Rose Details: 224 W. 30th St., 4th Fl., starts Wednesday, May 18. Take 50 to 80 percent off the effortlessly feminine Spring and Summer pieces. Chances are you'll find something floaty (translation: perfect) for a weekend in the Hamptons.
- Wayne Details: 315 W. 39th St., starts Thursday, May 19. Wayne dresses will be priced from $150 to $250; remain on the lookout for the perfect LBD.
- Derek Lam Details: 10 Crosby St., 3rd Fl., starts Thursday, May 19. Lam's highly coveted pieces don't come easy. A dress originally priced at $1,250 will now be $325, that's still quite a price to pay for casualwear.
Source: Bird Blog